Summary of the 1st trimester of first year
The first group of students started the programme in September 2015 and the first trimester was completed on November 20th. The main topics addressed during this period were:
- Overview of the Nine Ways of Bön
- Detailed study of the two first sutric vehicles
- Study of hagiography of Buddha Tonpa Shenrab
- Tibetan language (beginners and advance group)
Teachings with HE Ponlob Rinpoche at Lishu Institute.
In addition, the students took part in the following activities:
- Trip to Menri monastery where they had the great fortune to meet His Holiness Lungtog Tenpai Nyima Rinpoche and His Eminence Menri Ponlop Trinley Nyima Rinpoche.
- Trip to Clementown (Tibetan community in Dehradun) and Manduwala, where they visited Za Mongyal Bön monastery
- Rituals instruments class with Geshe Sherab Lodro from Menri monastery.
- Visit and teachings on Sherab Chamma by His Eminence Menri Ponlop Trinley Nyima Rinpoche.